Middle School English teacher required for September 2023 Start. International School in Hanoi, Vietnam
Hanoi is located in Northern Vietnam and the capital of this fast paced and vibrant country, renowned for its bustling streets which come alive at night, street food markets and incredible blend of modern city living and colonial era architecture. This historically significant and vibrant city offers great opportunities for teachers looking for a laidback yet cosmopolitan lifestyle in a thriving city.
INTA Education are looking for a passionate, fully qualified English teacher who possess a keen sense of drive and adventure and is passionate about education and inspiring students to work at a newly established International school for September 2023.
If you are looking for a new challenge and adventure in one of the most exciting and exotic countries in the world, then please apply below!
About the School
This school opened in August 2022 and is the first and only school in Vietnam offering international and integrated programs for Grades 1-12 that are completely aligned with the Ontario, Canada Curriculum. This school is genuinely a ‘one of a kind’ school in Vietnam.
This school is an affiliated school of a large international school group with a networks of 60+ schools in 17 different countries. Students and staff benefit from being part of a global family through active participation in a range of global learning opportunities. This school group invests in the professional development of its staff through its Learning First strategy.
This school is focused on providing students with the highest quality educational outcomes using the most up-to-date teaching and learning practices, in newly built state-of-the-art facilities. Students experience Amazing Learning as a promise of significant student progress, performance, and achievement. The learners are at the heart of what they do. Simply put, their success is the schools success.
With state-of-the-art facilities (including a theatre to host music and arts performances, multiple sports facilities, ICT suites equipped with the latest digital learning technology, and incredible outdoor learning spaces), the school are proud to say it has some of the top facilities among international and private schools in Hanoi.
About the Role
The role provides classroom instruction and education principles; ensures the development of student learning through effective lesson preparation, presentation, and management of classroom activities and related assessments.
– Develops lesson plans which meet established school and curriculum models
– Adapts and reassesses lesson plans to meet specific student needs, comply with newly implemented guidelines or rules, update relevant information, and utilize new developments in education.
– Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress.
– Possesses and continually develops a working knowledge of curriculum programs and frameworks.
– Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement.
– Provides a safe, positive learning environment for students.
– Communicates with all other staff members who engage with students.
– Communicates with parents as per school guidelines regularly, including presenting student progress reports and informing parents of requisite student discipline.
– Manages the diverse ability levels of students.
– Maintains order and discipline among students while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines.
– Attends occasional continuing education seminars
– Attends and takes part in school meetings on curriculum, organization, and guidelines
– Performs other tasks and responsibilities as might be reasonably assigned by your direct supervisor or the Deputy Head
Class Management Skills, Curriculum Building, Lesson Planning, Extensive Knowledge of Relevant Teaching Subject Area, Adaptable Teaching Practices, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Patience, Empathy, Strong written, and verbal Communication Skills, Developed Organizational Skills, Deadline Adherence, Cultural awareness.
Qualification & Experience:
– Bachelor or higher degree in Education or a Bachelor of Art, along with an internationally qualified teaching certification such as PGCE/PGCertEd /QTS.
– Minimum of 2 years of international teaching experience at primary level curriculum experience is preferable.
– Clean criminal records