History Teacher (A-Level & GCSE experience) Required for August 2021 Start
Baku is a city steeped in both modern and ancient history. From the labyrinth like UNESCO heritage old city to its modern tree lined and boutique filled boulevards where you feel more like you are in the heart of Paris. Baku really is a beautiful city off the beaten track but one that is fast becoming a popular destination for foreign travellers!
INTA Education are currently working with an established and well-known Private International School in Baku to recruit for an enthusiastic and passionate History Teacher for August 2021.
About the school
The school offers a state-of-the-art campus in the heart of the country’s capital city. A prestigious local private school educating the children of the country’s business elite, the school is a bilingual, international-style school that offers a blended English and Azerbaijani-instruction curriculum.
The school is comprised of a bilingual Preschool for ages 2-6, a bilingual Primary School for ages 6-10 (Grades 1-4) and a three stream Secondary school for ages 10-18 (Grades 5-12), which incorporates an international stream (offering Cambridge IGCSE and AS/A-Levels) and two local curriculum streams where the language of instruction is Azerbaijani and Russian respectively. The pupil roll is around 600 in total.
The successful applicant will work in close cooperation with local staff, supported by expatriate teachers who discharge different subject-teaching and leadership responsibilities within the International Stream.
- Qualified Teacher Status achieved in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the USA.
- Experience of teaching History across the Secondary age including IGCSE and A-Level classes (ages 11-18).
- A positive work ethic and a high level of self-motivation; the willingness to act as a role-model and mentor, to students and colleagues.
- A passion for teaching EAL/ESL learners in a mixed ability environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and intercultural communication competence; the ability to relate positively to colleagues who were raised in a distinctly different culture.
- Perseverance and a willingness to find complex practical solutions to everyday problems, patience, emotional stability and a positive outlook.
- A commitment to being an excellent ambassador for our school within the Baku community.
What the School Offers
- A highly competitive net salary
- A performance bonus
- A travel and relocation allowance
- Fully equipped accommodation
- Comprehensive medical insurance for the employee and up to 2 dependents as standard
- A school laptop
- Lunch in the school canteen
- Free tuition for up to 2 dependent children of any age as standard
To learn more about the role or receive a full job description please get in touch. All of our staff have first-hand knowledge of what it’s like to live and work as an international school teacher!
To apply, please submit your CV using the form below.