Teacher of History Required for ASAP Start
This British International School located in Tunis the capital of Tunisia is looking for:
- A talented and inspiring teacher, interested in developing a teaching career in a highly international setting and successful accredited British International School
- A motivated individual that likes to share the passion for teaching with children and see them learn, develop, and grow, both socially and academically under his/her care
- A profile available for potential leadership position
- A subject specialist degree from a reputable institution
- Proof of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Induction completed (NQT) preferred
- Candidates must have recent experience of IGCSE and A level (our examination board is CIE)
- Experience in teaching their subject to a range of levels
- Experience of teaching in the UK or at a British International School overseas
- Experience of specialism to A-Level and /or BTEC
- Experience of IGCSE’s in at least one subject (more would be an advantage)
- Flexibility and confidence to teach outside of specialism at Key Stage 3
- Willingness to add their own ideas and experiences to our after-school activities
- Passionate about working and learning from a highly motivated, diverse group of multi-lingual learners.
About the School
Established in 2012, This British International School provides an engaging, inspirational and caring education for young children, following the UK National Curriculum. The school currently delivers Nursery through to Year 13 and population across the primary and secondary is approximately 300 pupils.
The student body reflects the international nature of its community, with over 30 nationalities represented in the school. Teachers tend to have trained in the UK and have extensive experience teaching both in the UK and internationally.
The school engages children with the cultural diversity of its unique location for a truly international experience: the school embraces everything that is good about prestigious British schools and the UK curriculum and unites an international perspective with a Tunisian touch.
The learning environment is supportive and challenging and the school has developed an enviable reputation for encouraging students to be creative, problem solvers and independent thinkers with high expectations for academic achievement.
Tunisia is a welcoming and friendly country. At the heart of the cultural flows of history for thousands of years, it has beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, desert oases, and a sunny climate. It is situated on the Mediterranean close to Europe making international weekends very possible.
The school is situated in a privileged position, on the Northern outskirts of Tunis, in a mostly expatriate coastal town on the Mediterranean. In this affluent area you will find many facilities such as international restaurants, hotels, sports clubs and shopping malls. Many of the schools teachers live around the beach areas and take advantage of the diverse activities that come with living by the sea.
The school is located a few minutes away from world famous sites such as Sidi Bou Said and Carthage. Many of the most important ancient historical sites in North Africa are just a short drive from Tunis. The school is also very close to the main international airport of Tunis-Carthage, which is 10 minutes away.
The schools location provides a wonderful opportunity to share in the perspectives of a particularly vibrant culture.