Head of MFL needed for August 2023 Start
About the School
The school seeks to appoint a Head of MFL for September 2023. Teachers deliver high-quality teaching and are focused on improving the standards of learning and achievement of all pupils, while ensuring high standards of pastoral care and the effective use of resources. If you are a dynamic, flexible and ambitious professional, with a passion for and a real commitment to a holistic education, then this could be the school for you.
This British International School is a co-educational school with 1,160 pupils aged 3-18 (580 pupils in the Junior School). An accredited member of COBIS, BSME and IAPS, and an IB World School, it is one of the leading academic schools in the region. It provides a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum, guided by the National Curriculum for England, pursuing excellence in both learning and teaching.
Located on the fringes of Cairo, the School enjoys the benefits of a modern, purpose-built, spacious campus with state of the art facilities. Cairo itself is a bustling city, home to some of the world’s most iconic ancient monuments, with good access to other countries in the region, Europe and Asia. It is a city with a rich cultural heritage, a crossroads between Africa, the Middle East and Europe. With a population close to twenty million, Cairo is a city of huge contrasts and provides endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
● To comply with Egyptian employment law, applicants must have Qualified Teacher Status and a MINIMUM of three years teaching experience post-QTS;.
● enthusiastic and innovative teacher with a genuine passion for teaching, who can motivate and inspire students using a variety of strategies;
● includes Assessment for Learning as an integral part of classroom practice;
● understands how to stretch more able and support weaker students;
● works as a member of a team in a collaborative manner;
● committed to her/his own professional development;
● committed to contributing to a holistic approach to education
● enjoys the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities;
● meets the CHILD PROTECTION and SAFEGUARDING requirements in full.
The School operates a similar teaching scale to schools in the UK which increases with teaching experience. All salaries are tax-free and paid in Pounds Sterling. The basic salary for a teacher with three years’ experience is £34,000 p.a. while the salary of the majority of staff is £40,000 p.a.
In addition all overseas contract teachers benefit from rent-free, furnished accommodation, private BUPA Gold medical insurance, annual return travel to the UK, and generous fee remission for school-aged children.