We are urgently seeking a Design Technology Teacher for a position at a top international school in Hong Kong. The successful applicant will be a highly skilled teacher, with the ability to motivate, inspire and engage with students in creative and innovative ways, both within and outside the classroom. Duties include:
- Have the confidence to teach a range of courses across year groups within the faculty.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and understanding relating to relevant aspects of design tech disciplines, including digital processes;
- Ideally have knowledge and understanding of 3D modelling software such as TinkerCAD or Fusion 360 and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop), as well as experience of basic coding using micro-controllers;
- Have an open minded and flexible approach to teaching and learning, showing a desire to develop professional knowledge and skills;
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and the willingness to help develop new resources within the Faculty;
- Have an awareness of current educational developments in Design and Technology education worldwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design Technology or Food Technology, plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- A background in all Design Technology areas would be and the ability to teach these subjects to GCSE and IB level, would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate must be able to contribute to all material areas of Design Technology at MYP/middle school level.
- Experience and ability to use data on student learning to modify curriculum, teaching and assessment provision.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
- Contribute strongly to the DT Department Professional Learning Teams collaboration which is focused on improving student learning.
- Monitor the impact of teaching strategies through collaborative enquiry and data informed conversations.
- Ability to lead or support extra-curricular activities and attend school functions as a representative of the school leadership team.
- A competitive compensation package
- An excellent Continuous Personal Development (CPD) which focuses on growth mind-set.
- Bonus incentives