We are seeking a passionate Computer Science Teacher to join a top international school in Hong Kong. The position will be a full-time 18-month finite contract from January 2023 to August 2024 (witb the option to renew at the end of your contract). Computer Science is becoming increasingly popular, and the department now consists of seven members of staff. If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to reach out for more information!
- Bachelor’s degree with relevance to Computer Science plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation;
- Teaching experience and/or capacity in a range of Computer Science courses at all levels. Courses taught are IB Diploma Computer Science, IB Diploma ITGS, iGCSE Computer Science (Cambridge), iGCSE ICT (Cambridge) and MYP Digital Design.
- These courses require expertise in Java and Python. Experience in teaching these programming languages is advantageous.
- Experience and ability to use data on student learning to modify curriculum, teaching and assessment provision;
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents;
- Contribute strongly to the collaboration of Computer Science Department Professional Learning Teams, focusing on improving student learning.
- Monitor the impact of teaching strategies though collaborative enquiry and data informed conversations;
- Ability to lead or support extra-curricular activities and attend school functions as a representative of the school leadership team.
- Attractive salary
- Medical benefits
- Bonus incentives